By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Citizenship DailyCitizenship Daily
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • News
    • Health
    News
    Show More
    Top News
    Incessant killings, kidnappings: Kaduna community appeals for military formation
    November 24, 2024
    Middle Belt Christian Forum condemns senseless killings in Benue
    June 20, 2025
    Kaduna: Troops kill 8 bandits in Birnin Gwari LGA 
    August 29, 2024
    Latest News
    S&P global ratings cite Dangote Refinery in Nigeria’s economic revival
    May 24, 2026
    Amid conflict, millions in Nigeria face hunger in coming lean season: UN
    May 24, 2026
    Governor Sule to present Staff of Office to ex CJ Alaku as Aren Eggon
    May 24, 2026
    Dangote Industrialising Africa, Says NCCIMA DG
    May 18, 2026
  • Business
    BusinessShow More
    Fertiliser Plants: Dangote raises investment in Ethiopia to $4 Billion
    May 18, 2026
    NLNG Disburses ₦250m To 51 Entrepreneurs 
    April 16, 2026
    Dangote Cement, Sinoma Sign $1bn Strategic Agreements for cement Projects Across Africa
    February 27, 2026
    Dangote Refinery dismisses shutdown claims, maintains 50 million litres PMS daily output
    January 5, 2026
    Benue investment company to raise 10 bn Naira bond to build cement factory
    December 23, 2025
  • Politics
    PoliticsShow More
    Tinubu wins APC presidential primary with 414,988 votes
    May 24, 2026
    2027: NDC extends deadline for collection of expression of interest forms
    May 19, 2026
    2027: Prince Adebayo decries economic hardship after emerging SDP presidential candidate
    May 10, 2026
    Buni Brokers Peace as Bello, Ajaka Settle Differences
    May 7, 2026
    APC Unity Forum condemns campaign against Senator Yari
    May 6, 2026
  • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • BackPage
    EditorialShow More
    ECOWAS, Africa better off united
    July 18, 2025
    ECOWAS, Africa better off united
    May 29, 2025
    End this mindless fuel price war
    May 9, 2025
    End this mindless fuel price war
    November 24, 2024
    North’s power paralysis
    November 16, 2024
  • Special Reports
  • Sports
  • e-Paper
  • …more
    • Videos
    • Photo Speaks
    • e-Paper
    • My Bookmarks
    • Contact US
Reading:  Demolition of Tinubu’s 2027 campaign office triggers uproar in Benue
Share
Citizenship DailyCitizenship Daily
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Editorial
  • Special Reports
  • Opinion
  • Sports
Search
  • Home
  • News
    • Health
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Editorial
    • Opinion
    • BackPage
  • Special Reports
  • Sports
  • e-Paper
  • …more
    • Videos
    • Photo Speaks
    • e-Paper
    • My Bookmarks
    • Contact US
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Citizenship Daily > Blog > Politics >  Demolition of Tinubu’s 2027 campaign office triggers uproar in Benue
Politics

 Demolition of Tinubu’s 2027 campaign office triggers uproar in Benue

Editor
Last updated: November 7, 2025 6:28 pm
Editor Published November 7, 2025
Share
SHARE

 

From Joseph Uchenna, in Makurdi

The Executive Director, Federal Housing Authority, FHA Dr Mathias Byuan and the Benue State Government have engaged in hot exchange of words over the demolition of an office dedicated to President Ahmed Bola Tinubu in Makurdi, the State capital.

The office which was commissioned last week Friday named ABT Support Group Office was said to be been built by the ED FHA for the President’s re-election in 2027.
Barely a week after, it’s fence was demolished by bulldozers of the State Government.
Addressing newsmen on Thursday at the office on behalf of the convener, the Director General President Ahmed Bola Tinubu PABT Support Group, Dr. Aker Kpev, said the demolished structure had a valid Certificate of Occupancy and an approved building plan from the Benue State Urban Development Board and wondered what could have warranted this action of government.
He described the action as “unexpected,” given the approvals it obtained before construction.
“I don’t want to mentioned names. This thing just happened. We came into office this morning to work and this people just came, started demolishing the building. They didn’t tell us anything.
“I have reported the matter to the Convener of this organisation and I have also informed the press about the situation. This action is condemnable because it is uncalled for.
“The demolition of our secretariat will not deter our commitment to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and our vision for a stronger North Central”, the DG said.
The demolition further triggered reactions from supporters of the President, who see the move as politically motivated.
One of the supporters who spoke on condition of anonymity with journalists accused Governor Alia of being  behind the demolition, saying that  the governor has not publicly displayed strong alignment with President Tinubu, as there are no official billboards or structures in support of the President across the state for 2027.
He expressed disappointment over the demolition but vowed that they would continue with activities in support of the President’s re-election bid in 2027.
Meanwhile, the Benue State Governor, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia has denied  being behind the demolition of the President Ahmed Bola Tinubu campaign office in Makurdi.
He noted that his attention was drawn to mischievous attempts by some desperate individuals to misrepresent the ongoing demolition exercise along the Wurukum–Yaikyor-Apir-Ikpayongo axis of Makurdi.
He explained that the demolitions currently taking place on designated road setbacks and rights of way are part of the legitimate and well-supervised dualization of the Makurdi–Enugu highway, a critical infrastructure project of the federal government with cooperation from state governments designed to ease traffic, improve safety, and promote socio-economic growth.
Gov. Alia who spoke  through his Chief Press secretary Tersoo Kula, maintained that it is on record that the government, through the relevant agencies, conducted thorough assessments on all approved structures affected by the dualization project.
“Owners of legitimate buildings with proper approvals have been duly compensated in accordance with laid-down procedures.
“However, those whose properties lacked approval or were illegally erected on government right of way were duly notified and directed to vacate, as such structures contravene town planning regulations and pose a danger to the integrity of the road expansion work.
“It is therefore mischievous and deceitful for anyone whose property has been marked for lawful demolition to attempt to politicize the process by repainting, mounting billboards or posting the image or name of any leader on such structures, in an attempt to stir sentiment or blackmail the government.
“Let it also be clearly stated that the exercise is not limited to Makurdi. The dualization extends from Makurdi to the Benue–Enugu boundary, while the Enugu State Government will continue from its boundary to the termination point of the project. This road project is being executed in phases”, Alia said.
He  therefore urged the public to disregard the false narratives being circulated by merchants of deceit and divisive politics, saying that the ongoing demolitions are not acts of victimization but necessary steps toward modernization and the infrastructural renewal of our dear state.
“Development cannot thrive in an atmosphere of distortion and political mischief. We appeal to well-meaning citizens to see the bigger picture; that this project, once completed, will bring immense benefit to the people of Benue and Nigeria at large.
“Governor Hyacinth Alia-led administration remains committed to the rule of law, fairness, and the collective progress of all. Harbingers of falsehood should give way to truth and development”, Kula, maintained.

You Might Also Like

Tinubu wins APC presidential primary with 414,988 votes

2027: NDC extends deadline for collection of expression of interest forms

2027: Prince Adebayo decries economic hardship after emerging SDP presidential candidate

Buni Brokers Peace as Bello, Ajaka Settle Differences

APC Unity Forum condemns campaign against Senator Yari

TAGGED:Benue
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

– Advertisement –

– Advertisement –

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
Popular News
Opinion

GOGIS: A model for reform, a lesson in land administration

Editor Editor April 9, 2025
FG to  establish tourism, cultural economic zones in 6 regions, FCT
iger bans visas for U.S. citizens in retaliation
Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation condemns Gwoza bombing
Shettima orders speedy disbursement of FG’s N250bn loan for small holder farmers at single digit
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image
Global Coronavirus Cases

Confirmed

0

Death

0

More Information:Covid-19 Statistics

Categories

  • News
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Business
  • Health
  • World News
  • Opinion
  • Judiciary
  • Sports

Brief About US

Reputed in professionally promoting and defending the general good of citizens and society, by prioritising good governance and protecting the rule of law.

Subscribe US

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
© CitizenshipDaily | All Rights Reserved | Designed by AuspiceWeb
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?